Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, I am the Story Mama. Ever since childhood I have been a lover of stories. Whether it was the vibrant stories that my grandmother used to tell, listening to my parents read to me, or reading some of the great children's literature by Roald Dahl, Maurice Sendak, and Shel Silverstein - stories have been an enormous influence in my life. Today, as a mother, performing artist, and writer I often create my own stories. When I became a Mom I stumbled upon the amazing children's book publisher and seller, Barefoot Books. Upon ordering some of these books for my children I was hooked and soon after began selling these books myself.

 The majority of my business has been in the form of fundraising. My work in the human services and performing arts has compelled me to connect with others by giving back. As a result, I donate a portion of my commission to charity for each event - often the events are meant to benefit a particular charity but when they aren't I just pick an organization to help.

In this blog you will find the beautiful artwork and stories of the Barefoot Books products, recounts of my adventures as a Barefoot Books Ambassador, and my personal experiences as a mom raising readers and story lovers in a modern world.  I invite you to join me on this journey to learn about Barefoot Books, motherhood, storytelling, and life as the Story Mama. Come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment